Re: EGCS Snapshots

  In message <199808281826.LAA13068@atrus.synopsys.com>you write:
  > Unfortunately the one Redhat shipped with 5.1 is somewhere in between 1.0.2 and
  > 1.0.3 (they could have waited a couple more days for 1.0.3, but NO...).
  > This makes it hard to make a patch for it.
In all fairness to RedHat, they had a release schedule they needed to
stick to and really couldn't wait any longer.

  > Perhaps when 1.1 is out, some volunteer could make a patch so that
  > people with the Red Hat SRPM don't have to download as much.
One of the things that is going to be very interesting when packaging
up egcs-1.1 will be the diff size from egcs-1.0.3a.  Particularly
considering the directory rearrangements we made.

Anyway, back to RedHat, we did tag the tree with the code that
RedHat used, so in theory folks could use cvs diff to build a set
of diffs to upgrade the RedHat dist.

jeff