Re: bad change to ginclude/va-alpha.h

  In message <199808162122.RAA13868@caip.rutgers.edu>you write:
  > 	I got a similar error bootstrapping the egcs trunk checked out
  > today (19980816) on my alphaev5-dec-osf4.0b box.  I also had the same
  > trouble on make other files besides gen-protos.c.  E.g., some of the
  > other files which include cpplib.h have this problem, as well as
  > cp/errfn.c and cp/tree.c and some files in objc/.
Now what I'm wondering is why you're seeing this and Richard is not.
Strange.  I'm also wondering if this is happening on the branch.

  > 	I traced this to the known include file ordering problem
  > between inclusion of stdarg.h/varargs.h and stdio.h (which we get via
  > system.h).
Ugh.  Let's fix this once and for all.

  > 	While I could fix this separately in each file, I'd like to
  > fix this once and for all by including stdarg.h/varargs.h in system.h,
  > remove it from everywhere else and be done with it.
Agreed.

  > 	The following patch takes care of these failures except for
  > the objc/ dir since the files making up libobjc.a don't include
  > system.h.
Looks good.

  > (Should they?  I thought they were to move into a toplevel
  > directory? ...)  Anyways, I'll look at doing those in another pass,
  > but for now I'd like to include the following patch into the trunk.
  > Is it okay to install?
No, they should not include system.h, or at least some of them shoudn't
since they are moving.  Ben just didn't get me the changes in time
for the egcs-1.1 branch.

Thanks!

jeff