Re: pre egcs-1.1 testing and Linux 2.1.x

   Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 11:49:01 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>

   How long do we have to go round the merry-go-round before the gcc
   people start admitting to bugs instead of blaming the kernel when
   something goes wrong?

The egcs people acknowledged the bug, nobody has blamed the kernel.
At best I've said it's not wise to depend on it totally until this
entire issue is resolved.

And another point is that the person who stepped up with a patch
specifically noted that Kenner let the rest of his regparm changes in
without that final fix, thus back to my "give the egcs people some
slack as most of this is a mess derived from Kenner's stupidity".

This person gave up because Kenner was so hard to work with, hopefully
now he'll resubmit his changes to the egcs people and they will go in,
and everyone will get what they want and be happy.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com