Re: Which release should I check out ?

  In message <Pine.LNX.4.00.9808222235400.200-100000@oscar.prima.de>you write:
  > since the layout of the CVS repository changed I wonder what command I
  > should use to checkout the latest (not released) development version.
The layout hasn't changed at all.

  > If I understand the web page correctly I should use
  > 'egcs_lastest_snapshot' for the actual _released_ snapshot.
  >
  > Can I use 'cvs co egcs' to get the latest unreleased version or is
  > there another repository I should look at?
There is a single egcs repository.

egcs_latest_snapshot will get you the latest snapshot
egcs_1_1_branch will get you the latest code on the 1.1 branch
Not using a tag will get you the latest code in the mainline sources.

Snapshots are currently made from the egcs-1.1 branch.

jeff