Re: libg++.so in OpenServer 5.x.x

> Today I get egcs working OK in OpenServer 5.0.0. Hey, Robert it was a great

Glad to know people use this stuff.

> job!. But, I now want to make libstdc++ a shared library. libstdc++.a was
> generated with -fPIC option. I only have to extract .o and make a
> libstdc++.so with egcs?

Hmmm.   I don't think it'll be that easy.    There should be a couple
of libstdc++.a's built for OpenServer, right?   There should be at least
COFF and ELF and maybe a PIC one.    If a PIC one is built with appropriate
options (and Im not certain that there is) then you are probably on the
right track.

Although, I do have to wonder if we're going to the effort of building
such tings with -fPIC why we're sticking them in a .a instead of a .so.

What we really need to do for OSR5 is to fix --enable-shared.   Strangely,
you're the second person in 48 hours to ask me for this.   Help welcome.

RJL