Re: Testing g77 using LAPACK -

>  Just built and tested LAPACK using g77 from egcs-19980803
>  on mips-sgi-irix6.2.  This is a fair test as it involves
>  building the BLAS, LINPACK, EISPACK and LAPACK libraries
>  I have modified the makefiles to enable the package to
>  be built outside the source directory, so it should be
>  simple to run it regularly and check for regressions.

That's interesting to have - could you send me the modified
makefiles; I think I might be able to put them to some good use ...

>  There is one failure - a core dump in directory
>  LAPACK/TIMING for "xeigtimz < zseptim.in" Before I follow
>  it up, is it a known problem?

Well, it's not one that I know of.  Could you make a standalone
program of it that fails ?  As far as I can see from the Makefile in
LAPACK/TIMING/EIG, this cannot be to hard.  If it's not too large -
note the egcs list's limit of 40K - you might send it to the list,
*including* the compile flags that were used *and* the input file.
Please, make sure before you do so that the standalone source indeed
fails.

Unfortunately, the one (Fortran) person I know who has access to
IRIX 6.2 systems is Dave Love, and he just went away for a week.

Thanks,
Toon.