newlib and egcs questions

I am compiling cross version of egcs 1.0.3a for m68k-coff and
newlib 1.7.0 for same platform.

I am having several problems :

1. When building I used

configure --prefix=/motorola --program-prefix=m68k- --target=m68k-coff
make all

gcc building fails with stdio.h and ctype.h header problems. I heard
there was a patch avaliable to fix this so I looked at
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/embedded/crossgcc only to find only
patches for gcc but not for egcs. Is it allright if I apply gcc patch
on egcs and which version should I use for egcs-1.0.3a.

I also tried to build it with make LANGUAGES="c" but then building
failed at another location.

2. When building newlib with

configure --prefix=/motorola --program-prefix=m68k- --target=m68k-coff
make CFLAGS="-B m68k- -m68000" all

after few minutes I encounter the following problem:

Entering newlib/m68k/m68000/newlib/libc/machine/m68k
./setjmp.S:46:error:parse error -- statement 'moveal sp@(4), a0' ignored
./setjmp.S:47:error:parse error -- statement 'movel sp@(0), a0@(12)' ignored
... etc ...

I tried adding -Wa,--register-prefix-optional only too see it cause compiling
process to fail with symbol a0 already defined message.

3. When building egcs and newlib for my own target I suppose I need to
provide some basic information about my system to standard C libraries.
How do I do it? I would guess that at least information about heap space
and location or else how would standard library know how to perform
malloc?

4. What are the main libraries created by egcs and newlib? I figured
out that libm is mathematical library and libc is standard C library
(what it contains), but dont have a clue what is libiberty, etc...

5. What is the difference between libraries created by egcs 1.0.3a
and newlib-1.0.7. Are these libraries the same? Do I need to compile
newlib if I have sucessfully installed egcs?

6. What is the relation between egcs library, newlib library, libc library and
rtems newlib directory routines?

Regards,
Tomaz