Re: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/201.shtml

> (c) Contributions to Collective Works.

[ irrelevant citation of law deleted ]

> This looks to me like if you're using company equipment to work on
> egcs, while relaxing and fishing for ideas about how to best
> re-implement a new Java GUI for the guys in accounting (your work for
> hire) you own your not-related-to-work production.

Sigh.  As has been repeatedly stated, everything you have typed in is
completely irrelevant except for folks who haven't signed an employment
contract or contract agreement.  Not to mention that if you don't have
permission to use company equipment for a side project, they could sue
you for that as well.

Let's get the legal stuff off of egcs now.  The bottom line is that
egcs is going to require disclaimers, no matter how much law you type
in.