Re: typedef vs. typename confusion

>> I've been trying to come up with a small example, but I haven't been
>> able to.  I have a pretty complicated template class hierarchy that
>> triggers this problem.  I'll keep chiseling away at it, but I was
>> wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

Martin> If you think you've found a bug, it is not really necessary to post a
Martin> small example: If you can, just post the code that gives you the
Martin> error.

Martin> Please note that ISO C++ requires the use of typename at certain
Martin> places. egcs has an extension to insert typename implicitely in places
Martin> where it previously was not needed. Not being a template expert, I
Martin> can't guess whether the extension will be fixed or completely dropped
Martin> in the medium term.

	I had already pointed out that such an extension should be
turned off by *default*. Note I don't say it should be dropped.

Martin> Regards,
Martin> Martin

-- Gaby
"One reason that life is complex is that it has a
real part and imaginary part." -- Andrew Koenig