egcs-1.0.3a vs 199809727 gcc/testsuite results: hpux10.20

Excluding the -Os tests, which all fail because of lack of support
in egcs-1.0.3a, running the current testsuite for both versions,
running on hpux10.20 I get 549 unexpected FAIL and 10
unexpected XPASS reports for egcs-1.0.3a.  I get 37 unexpected
FAIL and 4 unexpected XPASS reports for egcs-19980727, all of
which are cases which failed likewise on egcs-1.0.3a.  So there
are no regressions from 1.0.3a to 1.1 pre-release.

As I mentioned yesterday, egcs-1.0.3a was unable to complete
the tcl testsuite, which has no reported errors with the current
snapshot.  In order to compare the two, I built 1.0.3a with
gcc/testsuite replaced by the current version, and ran make
check in the gcc build directory.  I haven't figured out an
equivalent procedure for gcc-2.8.1, but I do have g77-0.5.23 built
in case someone has suggestions soon.

The report files are really messy and unenlightening, so I'll save
them in case of specific questions.

Thanks for all the good work.  egcs has produced a big
improvement in the hp version of g77 and in the ability to port
software from VAX to Unix to Intel.  It seems every problem which
someone has been able to present in testsuite has been solved,
which is a good start.