Re: Power of the G++ test suite

> I am sorry to bring this up again, but what is wrong with the
> test I contributed for the g++ test suite?

I don't know.  Could you point to the test?  (URL in the archive?)

I'm not the maintainer, so I can't speak for Jeff, Jason, and the rest.
But some thoughts:

Generally speaking, the test suite is being maintained as a regression
test suite.  That is, tests are added along with fixes: e.g. a patch
will be checked in along with a test case, which fails before the patch,
and passed afterwards.

In addition, some tests have been added to mark important failures or
published bug reports (the ones Ropert Lipe contributed).  So these
cases are more like what you contributed, I think.

Reasons why a test should not be added might include: if it's redundant
(another test already covers the same failure), if it's not in the
right format, etc.

Other reasons might simply be that in the large volume of mail, it was
lost.  You might consider sending proposed patches to egcs-patches .

> If the reason is that the "official guys", which should make
> the decision and/or comment, want me to leave this project
> then please just say so - preferably in public with the reason
> for it - and I will do so.

Oh, please don't take it so personally.  Even the most skilled developers
will have patches rejected or ignored once in a while, and it's easiest
for everyone if this is not taken as an insult.  No one wants you to go
away (though some might appreciate it if you refrain from attacking
people).