Re: Why is this list so slow?

Den 30-Jun-98 20:42:09 skrev Mike Stump fĝlgende om "Re: Why is this list so slow?":
>> Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:06:20 -0600
>> From: Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com>

>> If someone wants to volunteer to do some exploding for the lists I'm
>> game.  Particularly for non-US sites since they represent this biggest
>> problems for our mail system.

> Another partial solution may be to move people that contribute code to
> the front of the list.  Think of it as a reward for contributing.  I'm
> not sure if this will really help those people or not...  but my guess
> is it will.

As long as the list server is unable to keep up, it will only help for the
first message sent to the list after you move them to the front of the list.
Then everything will be back to normal.

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen       | E-mail: mailto:rask@kampsax.k-net.dk  |
| Registered Phase5 developer    | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/ |
| A4000, 775 kkeys/s (RC5-64)    | "ThrustMe" on XPilot, ARCnet and IRC  |
|        If you wake up Sleepy & Grumpy, you must be Snow White.         |