libstdc++ license

Hi,

The post about the libstdc++ states in part:

"The license is similar to, but weaker than, LGPL. This weakening is
necessary because the LGPL terms don't work for a library which is
substantially composed of inline functions and templates; there's no
simple boundary to make it easy to say "this is library, this is
program". Thus, like the LGPL it permits linking with the library
without publishing source code for the whole program, but it does not
require that users of a program be able to relink with their own
version of the library. However, unlike the BSD license, it doesn't
allow embargoing changes."

I'd like to release a demo (proprietary) program for Linux and would
like to use static linking to avoid problems of version skew in the
libraries. Since the C library will presumably still be LGPL, my
question is:

If a pure C++ program is built with libstdc++ will it contain LGPL parts
from the C library (sucked in behind the scenes) assuming I don't
explicitly use C library features like malloc, printf, strcpy etc. ?
Or is it essentially impossible to legally do what I'd like to do ?

Thanks for any elucidation.

Ram