Re: pre-egcs 1.1 status for *-rtems

  In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.980714120809.10553J-100000@vespucci.advicom.net>you write:
  > I just tried this one and .... got a bit further.  It looks like the
  > version string is actually in configure and the generated Makefile though
  > for binutils 2.9.1. I did not fix this part since I do not know where the
  > version info should be.
I fixed the code to look at "gas/configure" file a few days ago to
fix the "where is the version # problem".  This went in before the
.palign and .balign detection.  Pays to read those ChangeLogs to know
what other changes you might need :-)

So, just add $whateverthevariableways/configure to the list of files
to search for a version # and you should be able to move on to your
next problem.

jeff

ps.  I also checked in your change to fix problems with symlink source
trees.