Re: porting EGCS to the Cray T3E

>>  not 100% sure, but as the T3D/E are Alpha based systems,
>> the name should probably be "alpha-cray-unicosmk". Then you
>> should go to the "gcc/config/alpha" directory and create
>> the necessary config files. Next step would be to step-by-step
>> eliminate the error messages from "configure" ... It seems
>> that you are at least missing a few libraries and header
>> files. They may have different names, or are at different places.

OK, I will try this.  I don't quite understand your comment about
eliminating error messages from the configure output.  I thought
the purpose of the configure script was to determine what capabilities
the system does and does not have.  An "error" should not be fatal; it
just directs the configure script not to use features that are not
available on the system.

>>  What kind of Unix (BSD, SYSV, OSF) is unicosmk? Never got
>> in touch with it when I was working for SGI/Cray.
>>
>> Martin

I'm not sure how to answer your question.  UnicosMK is a microkernel
variant of Cray's Unicos operating system, designed to fit on individual
nodes of an MPP machine like the T3E.  Unicos has been around for a while.

Julian C.

--
Julian C. Cummings
Advanced Computing Laboratory