Re: i386-rtems(i386-coff) failure in egcs-19980628

  In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.980707082620.23755A-100000@vespucci.advicom.net>you write:
  > How about this for a proposal?
  >
  > + binutils 2.6 is older than anything I have on-line. :)
  >
  > + According to gas/Changelog binutils 2.6 was released around Nov 16,
  >   1995.
  >
  > + Anyone following the crossgcc instructions for building an i386-coff
  >   toolset should be using a newer binutils since the instructions tell
  >   you to do that.
  >
  > + i386-rtems was not even a patch for anything prior to binutils 2.8.
  >
  > I propose that i386-coff.h be changed to include this version of
  > ASM_OUTPUT_ALIGN from go32.h:
Actually, I think we can do this with a relatively simple autoconf
test -- most of the bits we need to check gas versions and features
were added to support the MAX_SKIP_P2ALIGN stuff.

Problem solved once and forever.

In fact, I just hacked up the magic autoconf & gas.h changes, after
some minimal testing I'll check them in.  If you could give the failing
x86-rtems port another spin and let me know what happens it would be
greatly appreciated.
jeff