Should web host docs? Was: egcs and g77

Some dude wrote:

> >  Where is the g77 manual?  I was not even aware there was such a
> >  thing.  As they say ignorance is not an excuse so

Toon Moene wrote:

[ a perfectly reasonable answer ]

> directory.  The "info" files that are made from this file by makeinfo
> can be viewed with the `info' program or `emacs'.  An alternative

In the days when every GNU software user had built (or written) the
software themselves, I think we could more reasonably expect users to
know (or be able to intuit) answers of this form.

> route is to convert them to HTML using `texi2html', or to Postscript
> via `tex' and `dvips' (if you have a DVI viewer on your system the

Would it be worthwhile - at least for releases - to spin these files
and include links in the doc or on the egcs web pages?

If it's decided worthwhile, I suppose I can add the Makefile targets
to populate wwwdocs or whatever.

RJL