Re: i686-pc-cygwin32 build of 19980628

 Tim> I do find that the build fails to find include files at some
 Tim> point unless both of the primary cygwin32 include directories
 Tim> are linked into /usr/include or /usr/local/include, and even
 Tim> that hasn't enabled me to build a working gmake under win95.

That wasn't necessary for me on DozeN'T with the appropriate
--prefix/--target args to configure.

 Tim> I don't recall being able to install binutils without first
 Tim> building gcc-2.8.1,

I built the current binutils with either the base cygwin compiler or
with egcs -- I don't remember which.

 Tim> Sunsite Imperial College came to my rescue again today

McLoughlin is ghod!

BTW, I was unable to run dejagnu.  I can't remember the failure but
will have another go sometime unless someone knows a definite story on
it (980528) under cygwin.