Re: i686-pc-gnulibc1 related questions.

| So, I'm planning to retrieve (using cvs) the current egcs and put it on
| disks.
|
| How to have a reliable compiler ?

The egcs snapshots are not reliable.  If you want to give it a
try anyway, then you will find all information you want on
http://egcs.cygnus.com/.

| 	+ Are there compile-time options I should enable for this target ?

No.

| 	+ And, are there patches I should have ?

New patches are produced constantly, via cvs you can get the latest
snapshot.

If at work you use a different compiler, then I suggest you use the
same compiler at home.  If you use the same compiler, then it is
possible that your code contains (now) illegal code that works on
the i586 but not on the i686 for some reason.  If your program keeps
crashing (while it works on the 586) and it is not too big, than
I'd interested in having a look and see if you trigger a compiler bug.

Have a 486 and a 686 with linux here.

--
 Carlo Wood  <carlo@runaway.xs4all.nl>