Re: Performance measurements

>  I got a testcase written in C in early 1996! (three
>  different matrix multiply algorithms). This testcase
>  resulted in the -mstack-align-double switch of pgcc, and
>  support for this in glibc and djgpp (not yet distributed,
>  though)

We got one end May / beginning of June '96.  Fortunately, we were
able to help the guy with telling him to "SAVE", i.e. "make static"
in C-speak, a handful of variables.

However, the general problem had already been brought to the
attention of the gcc2 mailing list on the 24th of February '96 by
Robert Dewar (dewar@gnat.com)

>  For P5 and P6 machines, it is important to 8-byte align
>  double floats, I have to check the alignment requirement
>  for 80-bit reals, I would guess it is also 64-bits but
>  I am not sure about that.

Cheers,
Toon.