Re: i686-pc-cygwin32 build of 19980628

Dave Love wrote:
> I configured --prefix, --exec-prefix and --target to match cygwin,
> having to set CC for configure to `gcc'.  It looks as though configure
> should be happy with gcc in the absence of cc, but it isn't; I haven't
> been inspired to investigate.

I've had the same problem configuring packages for DJGPP.  The problem
is there is *NO* gcc on MS systems (it's gcc.exe) and configure looks
for gcc.  I *DON'T* know about cygwin, or the NT cli, but command.com
will not execute a program unless it is *.exe, *.com or *.bat.

Bill
--
Leave others their otherness