Re: Alias code

Jeffrey A Law writes:

 > However, there are still backends which we can not convert because they
 > are not part of egcs (for example the tic30/c40 ports which Michael
 > Hayes is working on) or front-ends which we can't convert yet (Pascal,
 > Ada, Modula3 immediately come to mind).  Thus we have to avoid breaking
 > those hunks of code with the alias set changes.

Don't worry about breaking the C30/C40 port.  There's not much left to do
to slot it into EGCS.  There are some more important patches for reorg
that I've got to submit to get things up and running with EGCS.

While on the alias code subject, EGCS could do with a mechanism so
that a programmer can hint to the compiler that a memory reference is
to a different address space, say an internal memory block.  The
backend could then do a better scheduling job by knowing that the
memory access is likely to be faster than normal and that it won't
conflict with an external memory access.  Any ideas?

Michael.