Re: Why is this list so slow?

Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

> Long term we'll probably drop sendmail and use a more list efficient
> mailer, but until then (an that may be a long time) the list will
> probably continue to have a relatively long latency.

An alternative[1] (used successfuly by the high-volume linux mailing lists)
is to use external exploders based on TLDs (e.g. one for Europe, one for
.com etc.). Maybe someone would volunteer to run such a exploder.

-Andi

[1] Actually they don't use sendmail of course, but zmailer, but the splitting
over exploders helps a lot too.