Re: x86 double alignment (was egcs-1.1 release schedule)

On Thu, Jun 25, 1998 at 01:21:57AM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message <19980624192457.45730@cerebro.laendle>you write:
>   > If we had -mstack-align-double in egcs, maybe glibc could compile _some_ functions
>   > (like qsort or __libc_start) with it, so the problem of combine breaking code
>   > is solved, so we can either
> Actually, if I remember the problem you described correctly, combine was
> doing the right thing.

Combine is doing the right thing, yes. It does an unsafe optimization,
but the machine description clearly says it can.

I meant if egcs _had_ this switch, the functions using callback-functions
could be compiled with it, so code that is compiled with
-mstack-align-double is safe, even if called from libc.

    The choice of a GNU generation                        |