Re: Soft float for i486

  In message <199803140044.TAA22071@miacomet.wavemark.com>you write:

  > I'm trying to build a cross-compiler using egcs-980302, and I want to
  > target a i486 chip that does NOT have floating point, and I don't want
  > to emulate the instructions.
  >
  > I've found the following fragment in gcc/config/a29k/t-a29kbare :
  >
  > # These are really part of libgcc1, but this will cause them to be
  > # built correctly, so...
  >
  > LIB2FUNCS_EXTRA = fp-bit.c dp-bit.c
  >
  > dp-bit.c: $(srcdir)/config/fp-bit.c
  > 	cat $(srcdir)/config/fp-bit.c > dp-bit.c
  >
  > fp-bit.c: $(srcdir)/config/fp-bit.c
  > 	echo '#define FLOAT' > fp-bit.c
  > 	cat $(srcdir)/config/fp-bit.c >> fp-bit.c
  >

  > I'm just trying to figure a good place to put them (or should I just
  > shove them in t-i386bare and be done with it)?
Going over some of my old mail.  I never saw anyone respond to this.

Yup.  That's the right place for them.

  > Perhaps every target should have thos so -msoft-float will actually
  > work for any target...
It's a thought, at least for embedded targets, probably not worth it
for native targets.

I'd be kind of suprised if more than a few embedded targets don't
already handle the soft-float stuff.

jeff