Re: x86 double alignment (was egcs-1.1 release schedule)

  In message <199806251615.MAA12029@melange.gnu.org>you write:

  > What I haven't looked into yet is whether subtracting 4 from %esp
  > before pushing args might upset some varargs/stdargs implementation
  > on the callee side (that the caller doesn't know about), i.e. if
  > that can even happen.
I'm pretty sure it's safe.  Even for varargs/stdarg.  Basically think
of it as having an extra int argument at the end of the arglist
(remember we push back to front).  An extra argument never hurt anyone :-)

We do have to be careful and make sure we don't screw RETURN_POPS_ARGS
support though.  I'd forgotten about that.  Though I do not think
that adds any significant complexity to the problem.

jeff