Re: x86 double alignment (was egcs-1.1 release schedule)

Hi!

Although double-alignment on stack variables would be a bad idea (for
most situations), it would make perfect sense in certain situations.

For instance, leaf functions could certainly benefit from being stack
aligned. Also, functions which only call leaf functions that are stack
aligned can use stack alignment.

Would it be possible to do something like that?

Also, if we are in a situation where we can not stack-align, the
default behaviour for often used variables would be to make a copy
onto the stack (double-aligned), and use this instead (unless it is
only used as a register).

PKE.