Re: __op ? with gcc/egcs

>>>>> «Martin», Martin von Loewis <martin@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

>> Did I missed something obvious ?
Martin> The obvious thing you miss that all names starting with two underscores,
Martin> or with one underscore followed by an uppercase letter, are reserved for
Martin> the implementation (i.e. compiler/libraries).

>> Is ``__op'', a reserved word with egcs/g++ ?

Martin> The not-so-obvious thing is that g++ indeed reserves __op, and a
Martin> number of other names, to represent operator functions internally.
Martin> For example, you get a similar message with __pl.

Martin> I'm sure this restriction can be removed. I'm not so sure whether it
Martin> is worth the effort.

The standard is perfectly clear about reserved names and identifiers
beginning with underscores.

-- Gaby