Re: Will the consistent failures in EGCS be fixed soon?

  > Hi, for about a month now (at least), I haven't been using egcs because it
  > looks rather broken according to the 'make check' results that are being
  > posted.  The 'eb' failures in g++ and the 'execute/loop-2f and
  > execute/9805xx' failures in gcc seem to have been around for a long time
  > now, though there aren't as many as there were before.
We are addressing those which are important.  It can take a while though
since everyone involved is basically volunteers and some of the problems
are rather tricky.

The loop* things aren't likely to be addressed anytime soon.  They
are horribly obscure problems that nobody is likely to ever trigger
unless they go look at the gcc source code and specifically write
code to trigger a specific problem in the loop optimizer.

There's also an alias bug in the testsuite that we aren't actively
working on, but we do want to keep the test because we do want to
fix the problem at some point.

My general feeling is the newer the test, the less I worry about
FAILs :-)
jeff