Q. Re haifa and other stuff under Linux i386

Have upgraded my RedHat 5.1 to egcs 1.0.3a release and was wondering if
haifa instruction scheduling was intended to be used for my platform. I
haven't tried building it yet but noticed that its default is off and
didn't want to mess with something I wasn't at all familiar with. Can
someone point me to a paper or documentation on what haifa is? Also -
where in the source code would I look to see how dynamic memory
allocation and rtti are implemented?

	thanx & later,

		Ben Scherrey
		Proteus Technologies, Inc.