Will the consistent failures in EGCS be fixed soon?

Hi, for about a month now (at least), I haven't been using egcs because it
looks rather broken according to the 'make check' results that are being
posted.  The 'eb' failures in g++ and the 'execute/loop-2f and
execute/9805xx' failures in gcc seem to have been around for a long time
now, though there aren't as many as there were before.
	As these all seem to have been broken at the same time, I've just assumed
that there are a few breaks from e.g. the gcc merge, that haven't gotten
fixed.  Also, some of the failures seem to flicker in and out of existance,
making me suspect that there is a deeper problem that isn't being
addressed....
	Is that not true?  Or perhaps all the failures are just new tests?  Or
perhaps they wouldn't make a difference in most programs?  H.J. has
mentioned some patches (e.g. to combine.c) that at least make egcs work on
compiling linux kernels......
	Does anyone know if these failures will be fixed soon?  Or perhaps you can
mention some programs (linux kernel, glibc,libg++) that compile OK with the
current egcs, implying that its OK...

Thanks,
-Ben "Want to use egcs snapshots again" Redelings