Re: egcs-1.1 release schedule

[ Welcome to the world of the 32-bit wonders of incongruence ]

David "Sparc" Miller wrote:

>     Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:31:31 -0600 From: Jeffrey
>     A Law <law@cygnus.com>

>  	   * The ABI is still going to mandate that some
>  	   doubles in
>  	     argument lists are going to be mis-aligned.
>  	     We'd have to arrange to copy them from the
>  	     arglist into a suitable stack slot.  This
>  	     may be more trouble than its worth.

>  And there are still going to be issues with equivalence
>  statements.

Sure.  But folks doing that should *know* they're invoking
suboptimal behaviour.

OTOH, this way we could teach them ;-)

Cheers,
Toon.

PS: I agree with Jeff (even I don't know all the details - but I
love to have them to get my little brother finish his PhD thesis in
time :-) that the general problem simply is too hard (just consider
an odd number of arguments-passed-by-reference).