Re: Prototype in machine dependent header files

> Have we found an acceptable solution for prototypes in machine
> dependent header files? The problem is the machine dependent config
> file is included before rtl.h, machmode.h and tree.h. But many function
> prototypes in machine dependent header file need those type defined in
> rtl.h, machmode.h and tree.h. I have proposed a kludge many months
> ago and I have been using it since. But noone but me thinks it is
> acceptable :-(. Do we have a better alternative?

I have posted a patch a few months ago that introduced a new file generated
by configure, called tm_p.h. I modified all files to include that after tree.h
and rtl.h. All ports would need to be updated by splitting out prototype files,
e.g. i386-protos.h from i386.h. Jeff said at the time that he wanted to
concentrate on the easy cases first. I can resubmit the patch if someone wants
it.

Bernd