Re: egcs-1.1 release schedule

>_Please_ include some means of allowing Fortran (at least) to get
>stack-allocated doubles double-aligned on x86 (modulo libc).  (I hope
>I haven't missed this going in at some stage!)  The one-line patch for
>STACK_BOUNDARY used by g77 0.5.22 is good enough.

I agree this is important to fix, but ideally fix right.  I'll look
into this again when a more recent snapshot appears, but my experiments
this past week didn't revealed any easy wins, though I don't recall
trying the STACK_BOUNDARY fix.

(By "fix right" I mean get 64-bit alignment for doubles as long as
that won't break any ABIs.  I don't mind special-casing some of this
in g77, but imagine that's not the hard part.  Basically all local
and static VAR_DECLs should be 64-bit aligned when they're DFmode,
but should remain 32-bit aligned when they're FIELD_DECLs and in
the TYPE_DECL for the type as seen elsewhere, so g77 gets its common
block and equivalence alignments right.)

I've put together a Fortran program to report on these issues,
but need to do a bit more work on it first before sending it along.

        tq vm, (burley)