Re: Supporting multiple runtime environments: How?

Den 08-Jun-98 18:18:25 skrev Jeffrey A Law fĝlgende om "Re: Supporting multiple runtime environments: How? ":
>   In message <1877.463T1705T2674469@kampsax.k-net.dk>you write:
>   >    I'm looking for a way of allowing compile time selection of runtime
>   > environment (libc.a etc.) on the m68k-amigaos and ppc-amigaos targets.
[snip]
>  > alternative in the future. Ideally the user should be able to select a
>  > runtime environmentn with a -runtime=<runtime> switch to gcc.
> It would be nice.  But as you've found out it can be difficult.

> You may be able to get what you want through the use of -b and
> maybe some symlinks for the things which are shared.

I think that might work, but it could be a lot of work to set up all the
symlinks correctly.

I've thought about introducing a new % operater, similiar to %s, but one that
uses the include file path instead of the link file path when searching the
path. In case this isn't a bad idea, is there any particular letter/symbol
that you'd recommend that I grab for this purpose?

Regards,

/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻTŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ\
| Rask Ingemann Lambertsen       | E-mail: mailto:rask@kampsax.k-net.dk  |
| Registered Phase5 developer    | WWW: http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c948374/ |
| A4000, 775 kkeys/s (RC5-64)    | "ThrustMe" on XPilot, ARCnet and IRC  |
|        If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing.        |