Re: Prototype in machine dependent header files

 > From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)
 >
 > Have we found an acceptable solution for prototypes in machine
 > dependent header files? The problem is the machine dependent config
 > file is included before rtl.h, machmode.h and tree.h. But many function
 > prototypes in machine dependent header file need those type defined in
 > rtl.h, machmode.h and tree.h. I have proposed a kludge many months
 > ago and I have been using it since. But noone but me thinks it is
 > acceptable :-(. Do we have a better alternative?
 >
 > H.J.

	I've been thinking about this also, there's really two
problems.  One you mentioned above.  The second problem is getting a
definition for PROTO() etc.  To solve the second, I think we should
include gansidecl.h in *config.h above the machine dependent config
file.  However before doing this, the last of the autoconf stuff in
gansidecl.h should be gotten rid of.  Now that the fortran dir is
using system.h, I think this is okay.

	Regarding the first problem, we could possibly use the
solution used in toplev.h wherein it declares the structures it needs.
(IMHO, this is kind of kludgy.)  I could also have another look at
your "kludge", would you please provide a link into the mail archives?

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Project Manager / Custom Development
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Icon CMT Corp.