Prototype in machine dependent header files

> 	Yes, but I would not include system.h (or stdio.h or any
> system header) from another gcc header like linux.h.  The .c file
> itself should include system.h right after [h]config.h.

Have we found an acceptable solution for prototypes in machine
dependent header files? The problem is the machine dependent config
file is included before rtl.h, machmode.h and tree.h. But many function
prototypes in machine dependent header file need those type defined in
rtl.h, machmode.h and tree.h. I have proposed a kludge many months
ago and I have been using it since. But noone but me thinks it is
acceptable :-(. Do we have a better alternative?

H.J.