Re: How to get top-level library installed in lib/gcc-lib/...?

 Jeff> Consider what happens if you move it into libsubdir and it's
 Jeff> built as a shared library.

Sure.  It just seems to me that libstdc++ and libg2c should be
equivalent one way or another.

 Jeff> Hmmm, right now we don't built libf2c as a shared library,
 Jeff> presumably we might one day?!?

I think we should and some people do it anyhow.  If it's allowed to
use automake and libtool I can resurrect abandoned work done for a GNU
f2c distribution.  I still don't understand the issues surrounding
multilibs and criss-cross building, though.