RE: cross compiling m68k ->ppc (again)

On 18-Jun-98 Sven LUTHER wrote:
> hello,
>
> i succedded in getting some includes for linux-ppc, tried to compile my
> cross compiler again yesterday.
>
> the good news is that this solved the previous problem with libgcc2 (at
> least i think, i let it running all night and didn't see all the logs).
>
> the bad new is that in file libio/iogetline.c libioh tries to include
> stdio-lock.h that is not part of the includes i am using.
>
> i am using some glibc 1.99.x includes, and stdio-lock.h is not part of
> it, but i found it in the glibc2.0.6 includes on the m68k side.
>
> Any idea what i should do now ? is this a problem or is egcs working
> only with glibc2.0.x (i already noticed egcs don't support 2.0.x kernel
> includes.).

I believe that if you set the target to 'powerpc-unknown-linux-gnulibc1'
this problem will be solved.  If not, try looking at the patches I use
to build EGCS for Linux/PPC (from the egcs SRPM on ftp.linuxppc.org).
If you have trouble getting these patches, let me know and I'll pack
them up for you.

Note: I build and run EGCS on Linux/PPC with the GLIBC-1.99.x (961212
snapshot + lots of patches) all the time :-)

Gary Thomas                              |
The Open Group / Research Institute      | "Fine wine is a necessity of
2 Avenue de Vignate                      |        life for me"
38610 Gieres - FRANCE                    |
+33 4 76 63 48 74                        |      Thomas Jefferson
email: g.thomas@opengroup.org            |
<http://www.opengroup.org/~gdt>          |
   ... opinions expressed here are mine  |
       and no one else would claim them! |