Re: building on SCO 5.0.4

> I am building egcs-1.03a on a SCO Openserver 5.0.4 system.  It looks
> like it all build ok.

Good.  It's good to know someone actually uses this stuff. :-)

> However, when I went to look at the INSTALL/FINALINSTALL description
> it says to cd to objdir and run make install.  There is no directory
> call objdir anywhere.

'objdir' is italicized, meaning you should replace it with the object
directory where you ran configure and did the compile.   Look at the
second paragraph of:

	http://egcs.cygnus.com/install/configure.html

> Given this, I run make install at the ecgs-1.0.3a directory and it
> seem to start installing.  It then died and said sh: cplib2.new:
> cannot create.

We have several reports of it installing just fine on 5.0.4, so I'm
wondering if you have a more boring system admin type of problem.  Disk
full?  Perms bad?  File in use while you're scribbling on them?

--
Robert Lipe       http://www.dgii.com/people/robertl       robertl@dgii.com
              (WEB ADDRESS MAY BE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE)