Re: Possible Enhancement - Forcing double prec. on Intel FPUs

 Richard> What you apparently missed is that my solution does get
 Richard> setfpucw called from the startup code, and so doesn't
 Richard> require modiying sources.

This is also basically what the g77 manual suggests for frobbing the
FPU bits, albeit to get FPEs reported.  I'll look into making it more
explicit/general.

 Richard> You just add -lieee-dbl to the link line.

... though I didn't realize it would be picked up a library
implicitly.  Perhaps that's a good technique for g77 to ensure that
BLOCK DATA get picked up without the old EXTERNAL trick.

Now, does anyone know whether doing this will screw the maths
library?  -- at least the BSD/GNUish ones, presumably.

[I'd still like to see a compiler driver option to arrange such things
at link time, at least for toggling FPE traps.  Enabling that
conveniently is (rightly) oft-requested and appears straightforward.]