Re: How to get top-level library installed in lib/gcc-lib/...?

  In message <199806130734.DAA16301@melange.gnu.org>you write:
  > I don't know what "based on your configure command" means, and I can't
  > get it to work, either by doing "target_alias = @target_alias@" in
  > libf2c/Makefile.in or by simply leaving that line out entirely and
  > leaving it up to the parent Makefile to pass it in.
Sorry.

Given "configure --target=foobar-com"

The toplevel configury should have set the variable target_alias to the
value "foobar-com".

You then need a line in libf2c/configure.in like this:
(from gcc/configure.in)

configure.in:target_alias='${target_alias}'

And I think you need a line like this in your libf2c/Makefile.in

Makefile.in:target_alias=@target_alias@

I *think* that's everything.  You shouldn't have to go rooting around
in a parent or sibling to get this info.

jeff