Re: flag_traditional relocation appropriate?

  In message <199806161700.NAA06316@melange.gnu.org>you write:
  > Well, it *can* have a useful (and consistent) meaning for Fortran at
  > least, but that's not the point.
Ah.

  > The point is, since the option doesn't necessarily exist for a given
  > front end, why should every front end have to define the global in
  > its source code?
Because it must exist in some form for the debug output code to encode
into the debug symbols.

RMS has always been opposed to adding backcalls from the debug code into
the front-end to do such things.  Thus the flag_traditional bogosity.

I'm open for suggestions for how to fix it in a cleaner manner.

jeff