Re: dejagnu f-torture compiler options

> To: egcs@cygnus.com
> From: Dave Love <d.love@dl.ac.uk>
> Date: 12 Jun 1998 14:46:48 +0100

> The Fortran testsuite currently doesn't support the `special options'
> stuff in test case comments per recent discussion (which I've lost,
> sorry, and the archive search doesn't reveal).  Should one just hack
> this out of old-dejagnu.exp into f-torture.exp (pretending one speaks
> Tcl) or do something else?

I happen to like old-deja...  so this sounds like a reasonable thing
to do...  It would be nice to think first about the desired semantics.
Do you want to add the given options to all torture runs, or do you
want to run just these options instead of the standard toture run?  My
off the cuff answer is you want the first...

> Also, f-torture.exp doesn't exercise -g.  Is it necessary/wise to add
> a separate `{ -O2 -g }' item to the list (like c-torture)

I like that.

> [I'd be happy to know if I should be leaving this to someone else!]

I'd leave it to the c-torture folks, do what they do.