Re: test results web page

  In message <199806102034.NAA10759@paradigm.webvision.com>you write:
  > Mail them to egcs-results@sweet.webvision.com.  The parser is pretty
  > stupid, though, so if you don't send the output of Alexandre's script,
  > it probably won't go into the DB.  Also, it doesn't bother to tell you
  > what was wrong if it fails.
OK.  I'm actually traveling right now, but I'll give this another try
when I get back.

It also occurs to me that we might want warning summaries too.  Call it
blue sky future work.

  > I can run it here, but if you think people are going to hack on it,
  > perhaps a more accessible location would be better.  You need
  > PostgreSQL, perl+DBI, and a standard web server.  I'm running
  > Netscape, but you could use Apache.
I'm not sure how much hacking will happen once we've got the basic
functionality in place.  I'll look into whether or not we've got
PostgreSQL handy (or is it something I can get for free somewhere :-)

We run apache, but as you mention that shouldn't be an issue.

  > FAILs and XPASSes are *not* saved now; only the "# of expected
  > passes," etc.  I'll see what I can do for the individual test lines.
  > You're right, though, that I only deal with the output of Alexandre's
  > script, and not the raw test result files.
Ah.  That significantly reduces the amount of data :-)

jeff