Re: The current egcs is broken on x86

    Jim> My patched rebuild failed in stage2 while running the stage2
    Jim> compiler to build the SYSCALLS.c file.  I suspect another bug
    Jim> in the recent regmove changes.

I can confirm this on x86.  I was able to bootstrap only by completely
removing the regmove change, not simply by applying your patch.

Since the repository is available to the public, and since problems
like this really do hinder development by others (I was working on
some optimizations of my own, and not sure whether I'd broken things,
or whether it was the regmove patch), I would like people to refrain
from checking in any significant changes that could affect code
generation without bootstrapping the compiler on at least one
platform.  I don't know whether that was done in this case or not, of
course.

Do people think that's a reasonable guideline, in general?

--
Mark Mitchell 			mark@markmitchell.com
Mark Mitchell Consulting	http://www.markmitchell.com