nm problem....

Hello everybody,
		I recently downloaded egcs1.0.3a and started to port gcc. I am using a
SVR4.2 (system V release 4) based system that is mips compatible. I have
configured it

.../configure.

The configure script could figure out the type of my system since it matched
the following in the configure script

mips-*-sysv4* | mips-*-riscos[1234]sysv4* | mips-*-riscossysv4*).

I could port up to the following .

collect2 and xgcc are generated. Now I am stuck up with the following nm error
when enquire is being generated.

-
        ./xgcc -B./  -DIN_GCC    -g -I./include   enquire.o -o enquire
ld: enquire.o: warning: creating a dynamic executable but input file appears to
contain static code: recompile with -K pic or -K PIC
ld: ./libgcc.a(__main.o): warning: creating a dynamic executable but input file
appears to contain static code: recompile with -K pic or -K PIC
ld: ./libgcc.a(_ctors.o): warning: creating a dynamic executable but input file
appears to contain static code: recompile with -K pic or -K PIC
ld: ./libgcc.a(_exit.o): warning: creating a dynamic executable but input file
ppears to contain static code: recompile with -K pic or -K PIC
/usr/bin/nm: ERROR: Illegal option -- B
Usage: /usr/bin/nm [-oxhvnurplCVefT?] file(s) ...
                [-o print value and size in octal]
                [-x print value and size in hex]
                [-h suppress printing of headings]
                [-v sort external symbols by value]
                [-n sort external symbols by name]
                [-u print only undefined symbols]
                [-r prepend object or archive filename to symbol name]
                [-p produce terse, easily parsable output]

---- and many more options that my /usr/bin/nm supports--------------------

These are the files that I am using...

tm_file=mips/svr4-4.h
xm_file=mips/xm-sysv4.h
xmake_file=mips/x-sysv
tmake_file=mips/t-svr4

I am not able to locate the options for nm . Please help me!!

P.S: Also I want to know about the warnings. Should I recompile enquire.c with
-K PIC. or should I recompile all the sources.

With warm regards

Koundinya