Re: Loop unrolling

Alexandre Oliva writes ...

> The {{;;}} sequence would be recognized by gcc as a special token,
> that expanded to a special RTL node that marked the enclosing loop as
> non-removable.
>
> Alternatively, we could use this ``nonsense'' definition you have
> presented to denote non-removable empty loops.

And someone has to explain why these completely arbitrary constructs are
superior to a normal loop over a volatile variable, which seems like a
far more natural way to express this concept.

Tim Hollebeek                           | "Everything above is a true
email: tim@wfn-shop.princeton.edu       |  statement, for sufficiently