Re: g77

In a message dated 6/11/98 12:05:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
xjwang@tonegawa.hku.hk writes:
I use g77(0.5.19.1) in linux system(2.0.29) for the first time.

That was a fairly good version.  If you want to be using a version which
people on this list are familiar with, you should be using a current standard
distribution such as egcs-1.0.3a, g77-0.5.23 (with binutils 2.9.1 and
libc-5.44), or a recent egcs snapshot.  With an older version like yours, all
I can offer is generalities.

When I run this program, it show me "Segmentation fault"

You should be able to locate where this is happening by running under gdb.
Add -g to your compilation options.  gdb resembles dbx, in case you're
familiar with that.

Which option I should be used?

While you're trying to get it working, you might use -O -g -Wall
-Wuninitialized.  After it's working, you might use -O2 -g -malign-double
-funroll-loops if the results are as good and faster.  Even with -O -g, some
of the information you might need to look at under gdb will be missing unless
the variables are declared with SAVE or -fno-automatic.