Re: test results web page

  In message <199806090404.VAA24345@paradigm.webvision.com>you write:
  > Sorry for the delay...I've put up an initial stab at a web page for
  > collecting and displaying "make check" results.  You can use Netscape
  > Navigator's file-upload facility to submit results from the page, and
  > I have a mail-reading script that can (sometimes) make sense of the
  > reports people send to this list.  If/when this proves to be useful,
  > I'll subscribe an alias for the script to the list.
Very cool!  So, let's pretend I don't know how to use the file-upload
facility :-)  How do I submit results to the database?

  > The data are stored in a PostgreSQL database running on a Sun; right
Hmmm, so what software would we need if we wanted to run this off
the egcs web server?  That is unless you want to host this database
and we'll just link to your server from the egcs home page.

  > now, you can only retrieve records by configuration target, but I'm
  > open to suggestions about other useful queries.
version # and/or date I think would be pretty important.

  > I store the target,
  > config flags, BOOT_CFLAGS, and reporter, and the summary data from the
  > reports.
Cool.

  > The list of tests that failed is also parsed out, but I
  > haven't figured out how to store it in the database cleanly
  > (i.e. without risk of storing a partial report if something goes wrong
  > in the DB ops).
Yea.  That can get tricky.

  > The web page is at http://sweet.webvision.com:9999.  Let me know
  > what you think, or if you'd like copies of the HTML and scripts to
  > hack on.
Very cool stuff.

Not everyone is likely to run the testsuite; it would be nice to
be able to record that someone successfully built a particular
version on a particular target.  Maybe use the file upload facility
to send config.guess and version.c to get this info?  Or do we have
them type it in?  And (of course) a comments area for these folks.

I don't know how you store stuff internally, but it occurs to me
that if you get lots of testlogs, your disk is going to get full
quickly :-) :-)  Maybe we store the summary info and a list of
failing tests long term...  Dunno.

jeff